Sunday, March 16, 2008

human television


I know they've been around for a couple of years, but this weekend has been my first introduction to Human Television, a sunny guitar pop band based in Brooklyn. I was pottering around the POP Mayhem! page the other day, and as I was turning a minty shade of green in envy of all these wonderful pop festivals coming up in the next couple of months, I heard "Cars Are Weird" on their resident page stereo. Lo, and here I am, hooked and all on guitars and melodies and hooks that hark back to every classic pop band.

I really like "I Forgot", which you can download from their myspace page - it's so sunny, channelling the best of Slumberland with early My Bloody Valentine and just the right amount of lo-fi recording scratchiness. I can't forget a song like this too quickly - now I want to order the entire Human Television back catalogue! Just great - I only wish I'd heard them sooner.

1 comment:

Chris said...

My friend Ben emailed them a little while ago and the guy emailed back to say they're split up now. :(

Anyway their album 'Look Who You're Talking To' Comes with my seal of approval.