Friday, October 17, 2008

exciting new kicks

A slight diversion from my steady stream of pop musings on this Friday night. I'm at home, having finished what turned out to be a really good week - Wednesday was my nadir, for sure, but today became my zenith. I earned myself some new letters after my name, ate a delicious profiterole at morning tea, then finished the day with a glass of wine, some boxing and a new pair of sneakers.

As I write, I'm listening to Belle & Sebastian's "Fold Your Hands Child, You Walk Like A Peasant", an album I haven't listened to in at least a year, if not longer. Of course, if I lived in London, I'd be dancing the night away to this album at How Does It Feel To Be Loved?'s annual Belle & Sebastian night. Alas, I'm not, and my bedroom will have to make do.

I have exciting new pairs of shoes - they are far too exciting to remain in the physical, and must enter the digital world via some amateur bedroom photography.


I've had these lovely girly sneakers on layby at Violent Green for a while, and I finally picked them up tonight. They're a collaboration between cute new Sydney label Maise and New Zealand footwear designer Kathryn Wilson. Bloody New Zealand has to go and produce another brilliant designer with the initials KW! I think these sneakers are super cute and toughen up this season's florals perfectly.


I am quite the Camper shoes addict - these little ladies are my seventh pair! For a while there, I was buying a pair a season, which was an expensive but ever so satisfying habit. I skipped a season, though, but I've made a stunning return with these flats. I love the mix of bright pink patent leather with yellow, grey and brown patches - perfect for summery strolls! And, because they're Camper, they're super comfortable. If you don't already own a pair, I recommend you find yourself a pair right away - you'll never look back!


I bought these crazy United Nude shoes in London earlier in the year, but I haven't had the chance to wear them. I'm dying to, though, just to see what the reaction is! Moulded rubber wedges with a little peep toe and a white leather strap - so insane, but so cool.

OK, sorry to be so self indulgent but oh, shoes are such fun! Almost as fun as records...hmm, they might even rank a little higher. It's a close battle!

2 comments:

le neko said...

hello, i love united nude for a few years, and those shoes too, but i do not know how it fits, could you help me ? :)

alex said...

well, with these ones, i had to go down a size - i normally take a 38, but bought a 37 instead. they are incredibly comfortable to wear, but they do squeak a bit when walking. i can highly recommend them - they look AMAZING on, especially when teamed with tight black jeans or leggings. hope this helps! x