Tuesday, January 15, 2008

jens lekman show + lots of thanks!

Now, this is a bit out of character for me - two posts in a row! But I am just so terribly excited that I couldn't resist posting a second entry for the evening.

Firstly, because I am always ten steps behind, I have just found out that the glorious Jens Lekman is playing at the Spunk Records birthday party next Monday night! Now, Jens is a very attractive man, and little is going to stop me from attending this event, despite the fact it is:

a. on a Monday night, which is effectively a "school night" for the proletariat (that means me);
b. at Bangalow, which is a good two hours' drive from Brisbane.

Everything is working against me, but I really think Jens is worth the long drive and the super-tiredness I'm sure to suffer on Tuesday as I plod away at work.

Secondly, I want to say thank you to everyone who has linked my blog in the past couple of days! Indie MP3 is one of the best blogs in the world, and always manages to stay ten steps ahead, both in terms of "keeping C86 alive" (a noble cause that I wholly support) and uncovering all the best pop songs around. Also mentioned at the same time was Pop n Cherries, a Belgian blog about all the pop songs you could imagine and more. Honestly, both these blogs are a million times better than mine will ever be, so I am but honoured to be mentioned alongside them!

No comments: