Monday, December 1, 2008

comet gain - 'love without lies'

I read about the new Comet Gain film clip for their song "Love Without Lies" over at Heaven Is Above Your Head, then proceeded to watch the film clip here. I really thought some valid points were made - the song sure is an absolute cracker and the film clip is a lot of fun, but, I don't know, it does look very cool. Just read what Kris has to say about it - he explains it far better than I can.

One thing that really irks me about the clip is how everyone smokes in it. C'mon, is it really necessary to try to glamorise smoking like that? I don't get it. Maybe I'm just not cool. Perhaps I'll just buy myself a copy of the 7" over at Comet Gain's myspace and practice my dance moves at home.

5 comments:

Kippers said...

Oh my good gawd, you're right. They're all at it. I've not seen that many people smoking since the last time I watched a film noir.

It's probably something to do with the fact that smoking's banned in public places in GB now, and thus it's regained some of its glamourous, rebellious lustre. Just a shame about the lung cancer really!

Anonymous said...

I love love love Comet Gain and I think the clip is really beautiful, but Kris is right, since when has being into Comet Gain been about being cool ?!
I love the indiepop scene because we can love all these bands without ever having to care about being cool or not.

I don't ever want to be "cool".

Anonymous said...

Voilà !
c'est exactement cela ...

Anonymous said...

Voilà !
c'est exactement cela ...

Anonymous said...

I thought the video was way too cool - not like Comet Gain at all. It reminded me of an episode of Skins!! I love the song though - more of the band!!
Pip