Monday, September 22, 2008

DOWNLOAD DOWNLOAD DOWNLOAD

I've only just joined the podcast-listening fraternity (I'm a bit late latching onto all these sorts of things - blogging, vodcasting, black nailpolish...), but I'm now officially hooked. Download these podcasts and your ears need never be sad again!

1. New I Smiled Yesterday!

Yeaaaah! To quote:

"ISY goes P!O!P!

From Sideburns to Fringes
From Parkas to Anoraks
From Ben Sherman to stripey t-shirts
From Chelsea boots to Converse
From Pete Townsend to Stephen Pastel"

Cripes, with a description like that, you just cannot go wrong!

2. Everything over at Slumberland!
The new one, from Cause Co-Motion, is really really good - I listened to it as I left work this afternoon and it put an extra spring in my step walking over the Victoria Bridge. Also, I HIGHLY recommend Kitchen Sounds #1, as prepared by Stewart Boyracer - it's full of noisy, obscure punk songs from the 70s and 80s, all of which are entirely brilliant because they sound like they're all about to fall apart at any moment. Bit like Boyracer, eh? Makes it all the more endearing, if you ask me.

3. Hey Hey Honeypop!'s Dance around Your Livingroom!
It really is the best place to dance, isn't it? In my case, it's my bedroom but it can double as my living room, especially when I can spin it to a Professor Pez song about one of my favourite novels in the world, Papillon. And I thought I was the only one that liked the France Gall song included on here - oh boy, I've spent many an indoor night dancing about to "Avant La Bagarre". Love!

Yeah! And if that ain't enough to get you pulling shapes, then I'm afraid I've run out of remedies.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks again Alex! I must confess that I'm the plum who spelled TownsHend wrongly. I was dashing out the door and missed out that crucially important 'h'. Bad brogues!