Wednesday, June 10, 2009

two killer shows...

There are two amazing shows coming up in the next week*, half a world away from each other, which you should be attending if you are even remotely nearby either of these two cities!


If you are located near the Whitest Suburb in Melbourne, like me, head to the Old Bar on Johnston Street for a ridiculously good night of pop. Mid-State Orange! Last Summer Cats show before they embark on USA domination! First Motifs show since they conquered Europe! I'm prepping my dancing shoes already.

Of course, if you want to make me cry, you will be attending this:

Clearly, any show containing three of my favourite bands from the past 12 months or so has to be incredible, but this is seriously beyond belief. Far out, I could see just ONE of those bands, I'd be delirious, but with that line up AND with Twee as Fuck AND Kevin from WYR? spinning discs, I couldn't think of anything better right now, especially when all I seem do these days is listen to Cause Co-Motion on repeat.

I think this is what you call mega New York jealousy (and mega, mega heartbreak).

* I'm sure there's definitely more than two amazing shows coming up in the next week, but these are clearly the only two I really, really care about. If you know of others that will make me exceedingly jealous, please feel free to tell me about them and I will no doubt take a photo of myself weeping with extreme jealousy.

2 comments:

Darragh said...

Je Suis Animal and the Zebras are touring round the country next week! Brisbane on the 18th.

Also, Camera Obscura and Teenage Fanclub are headlining the indietrack festival in Derbyshire at the end of July - I wish I was going! Rumours that Teenage Fanclub might be heading out to Oz in August. Woot!

Kippers said...

The Pains Of Being Pure At Heart plasyed a BBC 6 Music session on Mark Riley's Show the other night - a show that was co-hosted by one Jarvis Cocker (who also played a set). Bloody marvellous.

Here's the link, anyway. Hope this is available in Oz:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00l1qd2